These days, nobody does their cooking or anything else in-house. Every single detail in a wedding has a professional to take care of it. Take a second and think about how your wedding would be without vendors. Will it be you or your mother doing the cooking? Is your sister going to grab her tiny makeup purse to do your makeup?
1. Food vendors: Gone are the days where jollof rice, beef, and moi-moi made a great wedding menu. People will be there rushing for the amala, gbegiri, and goatmeat, simply because vendors spice things up. At a wedding, you want more than one vendor, for the traditional dishes and intercontinental. Food makes everyone happy at any event, and that’s why it must be done the best way.
2. Music: A bad DJ can mess up any wedding party, and as we all know, music brings life to any party. Some like to have a DJ or a live band, while others might have both.
3. Makeup artist: Makeup artists must attend to the bride from the early hours of the wedding morning and throughout the wedding. They are around to make sure the bride’s face is looking amazing all through, from dabbing sweat and applying more powder, they are always available.
4. Costumers: This is usually for the prim and proper. There are people that want to be styled from their gele, to their wedding dress, and to the after-party. Some couples even have themes for their weddings or would want some particular styles of outfits.
5. The wedding planner: Every big wedding must have a wedding planner. The smaller and lowkey weddings can get away with it, but for a wedding to stand out, it can't do without a wedding planner. They help bring the wishes of the couple to reality and interpret the bride's dreams. They also help bring every other vendor together.
6. Baker: Although nobody knows who actually gets a piece of the wedding cake apart from the family wedding, the baker needs to be professional. It adds up to the theme and craft of the wedding. People still come out to talk about the look of a wedding cake. It still happens!
7. Photographers/ Videographers: Every wedding records a memory, and those memories need to be captured and shared. Photographers and videographers a place for everyone too see what happens during the wedding.
8. Decorators: The decoration is the first thing people see. This is another thing that takes a lot of money apart from the hall and the food. From the walls to the floor, to the tables and cutleries! Decorators can make a raggedy and dry-looking place come alive.
9. Tailors: Be-spoke suits and dresses that are made to wear! These miracle workers create the best outfits for weddings and also develop styles for the couples and even anyone that needs to attend a wedding.
10. Car rentals: People always want to make an entrance with flashy cars they can’t afford. Cruising in with the limos and Rolls Royce after the church wedding. It just adds to the style and swag, and everyone loves it.